Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nyx Roundlippies Review

Hi pretties! huhu I've been a bad blogger, haven't login to my page over the weekend thus the lack of posts. Anyway as I have mentioned in my previous post here is my say on my Nyx Round lipsticks: Tea Rose and Circe. I have seen a number of bloggers that own the Tea Rose and I thought they really look pretty on it so I ordered it hehe. It is a pink shade that is not that loud, IMO you can wear it everyday especially when you are on a date, that you want to look sweet or pa-tweetums hehe. I am glad I have it because the hubby said it is nice and it looks pretty on me. :) Here's a swatch of it.

Tea Rose
 
 Now ladies be ready to be scared, here's me sporting my current fav pink lipstick: Nyx rd lipstick Tea Rose:
 
 
See it's not a pink loud color on me, doesn't look nude or natural either just the right shade of pink. In this FOTD I used the Ellana concealer that I got as a free sample and the Ellana Foundation as well, I love them because they made my skin looks flawless in this picture without whitish cast on the camera's flash.I also used my In2it Blush in Denial just to give a natural look. 
Now the second Nyx Round lipstick that I got was Circe, a pretty nude shade. It's a bit lighter than other nude lippies that I swatched before but that is on my skin I think. So here's the swatch of it:

Circe
 
I have to swipe it like 3 times before it will create a visible color on my lips. I can say that this shade is truly a nude lipstick, hehe look at the color on me:
(Warning: Picture is really scary!)

Took this on a Natural lighting since I really look like a zombie with the flash on
Sorry for the eyebags!
 
I hoped the swatches and FOTDs helped you on seeing the shade of the lipsticks.  So here' s my review on the lippies:

Yehey! Factors:
 
  • very affordable (160 pesos for each tube)
  • creamy texture, so the application is a breeze
  • love the staying power, I ate and drink that time and it stayed the whole afternoon, didn't bother to retouch since the Tea Rose still looks good after lunch. For Circe I retouched it after 4 hours
  • didn't dry my lips
  • For Tea Rose, 1 to 2 swipes will gave my lips the fab look already but for Circe it took 3 to 4 swipes, so I guess it depends on the shade you will use
  • there is a shade indicator at the bottom of the tube so you'll know the color of it without opening or reading the label
Boo! Factors:
  • my number 1 will be the scent, it's like a flowery scent that really annoyed me, but good thing it disappeared after a while like 15mins I don't smell it anymore maybe because I put Carmex before the lipstick
  • IMO I don't like the packaging, the color is nice it's in black but I don't like that the label is on sticker. Well taste is subjective right? hehe
  • not available locally, I have to order it online and have to rely on swatches online
  • Very creamy that I think it will tend to melt if not stored poperly
Overall, I think the cons are not that major except the scent, hehe so I love the lippies. I recommend it to everyone it's worth a try if you still haven't.

I will end this post with my eBay haul, I received yesterday:

My revlon blush and blemish concealer
 
Super excited to use them. Will review them after a week of usage hehe, will do another FOTD as well so I hope you don't get annoyed of my face..hehe
Mahalo :)





15 comments:

sugar sugar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sugar sugar said...

i agree with you! NYX lippies have that weird scent which is a definite turn off. :/

DeBi said...

yes, the smell is bit annoying but somehow i used to it na. heheheh..

Unknown said...

i agree. I don't like the strong scent. I was disappointed getting those lippies because of that scent. I ended up giving it to my cousins.

Jenggay said...

hehe it's pretty obvious that we all agreed that the scent is annoying..hehe! Thanks ladies for visiting..:)

Hazel said...

aww i wish we have nyx locally :( shipping it would be such a hassle for me kasi :(

Catmare said...

NYX lippies are nice, but I don't like the scent as well. =/

Btw, thanks for joining my giveaway! :)

Tiffiefum said...

I like the NYX lippies on you! I love the Tea Rose shade!:) followed your blog!=)

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

great review! we also have the tea rose lipstick. It really looks good on my sis. :)

Nice haul too! :D -Dawn

Fragancia said...

love the colors :) and you look nice ! thanks for commenting on my blog im your new follower now
xoxox
http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com

The Beauty-Addict said...

too bad with the weird scent! but i want to try it pa rin! :D

Janet said...

I think both shades suits u really well =)..and I super like the Circe shade..Did you moisten your lips first or directly applied the lippie..cuz' i have severe cracked lips dunno if it'll suits on my cracked lips..Plus, please do a review on the ellana concealer..cuz I'm currently in search of a nice concealer that would be able to conceal red spots etc...tenks..and b-lated hapi mother's day!!! ^_^

Jenggay said...

hi Janet, aww thanks for the greeting. I did put lip balm prior to the nyx lippie, I think it's not that drying but it is still a must to put lip balm first to be sure. The ellane concealer is great for my dark circles but not that decent to hide my acne marks and red spots I'd still go to liquid or cream concealers for those since they have heavier coverage. :)

Ann, oo you should try it buy one or two shades muna then see if you can tolerate the smell. hehe :)

Hi Peach Crush, thanks for following my new blog hehe.

Peachy Pink: awww thanks a lot! Yep tea rose is good for everyday use noh?

Hi Tiffiefum, thank you for following back :)

Catmare, yey hope I'll win your giveaway hehe

Hazel, oo nga I wish they make it available in malls noh Nyx has wide array of good make ups pa naman.

makeup,hauls, and anything under the sun! said...

where can i purchase nyx lipsticks? I'm really on the hunt now 'coz nyx is way more affordable than MAC. :)

followed your blog. :)

http://pastelbluejacket.blogspot.com

ELLE said...

i love the circe, one of my all time fave lipstick! followed u btw. ^_8

http://poptartselle.blogspot.com