Saturday, April 9, 2011

Masking On

One time I visited Purederm  website and I answered one of their Quiz I can't remember the exact title of it but it was like about your skin type. Then the result was: "You have oily skin". There you go, haha actually before I took that quiz I was really anticipating for that result since I know I have oily skin which sucks big time! Well, life must go on, that is why we have a lot of beauty products to live by and  to conquer this oiliness situation. Let's go back to the quiz, hehe let me share with you the result and some helpful tips from them:

From the email sent to me:
Quiz 2 Result:

It’s likely you have OILY SKIN.


Generally, your face appears shiny. You often feel the need to wash your face or touch up with face powder. Oily skin may be prone to acne and blackheads, but it is also least susceptible to wrinkles. That means you have a higher chance of aging quite gracefully!

Make sure you go for non-comedogenic products: they feel light on skin and won’t clog your pores. For quick cleansing, bring along Acne Wash Cleansing Tissues: they contain tea tree oil, aloe vera, and salicylic acid which help get rid of pimples. To keep your skin supple, treat yourself to a Strawberry Yogurt Pack, a quick and easy wash-off mask that purifies and prevents breakouts. Also, try Aloe Nose Pore Strips to unclog pores and remove blackheads.


See? Not a good result I think, huhu but good thing there were suggested products and some tips to help me. As an obedient student, lol I bought this:


When I saw it in SM beauty section I didn't hesitate to buy one because of its affordability, it costs P49.00 only for a 10ml pack unlike other masks that would cost way higher than this. So I tried it, just followed the instructions at the back (sorry didn't get a picture of it). Apply it to a cleansed face, massage gently and leave it for like 5-10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.

Tabachuchay: "Mommy what happened to you?!" lol

I love the smell, strawberry of course, I am not fond of that fruit but the scent was really delicious it make me want to eat it hehe. After I massage it on my face, I felt a bit of a stinging effect and there were parts that it was itchy but I just ignored it. It also gave me a feeling of that when you are having a hair hot oil treatment but this time on my face, it was warm. Because of these I just left it on me for less than 5 minutes. Then the result:

Sorry for the scary eyebags and acne scars. :(

Good thing, the result was okay, it left my skin moisturized and it gave a me flushed look, which is okay for me 'cause I don't have rosy cheeks hehe!

Yehey! factors:
  • very affordable
  • loving the scent of delicious strawberry
  • the 10ml pack is too much to cover the whole face, IMO you can use it twice
  • love the moisturized effect it gave me
  • I have used it last weekend and I until now it had lessened my oiliness
  • it has English instructions (some of imported masks do not have)
  • did not have allergic reactions
Boo! factors:
  •   this is just me, it gave me stinging feeling at first so I thought it was harsh
Overall, I love it. Inexpensive yet very effective. I would definitely purchase again.

Mahalo :)

7 comments:

DeBi said...

like...will try it nga sometime

Janet said...

nice review!! we share the same skin condition...oily!!! good thing, we are not that prone to wrinkle...^_^ your after mask look so fresh and sunny luv it =) by the way the reaction on your baby's face is cutttee and ur pretty =)

Aya said...

I will take that quiz too. I already know what the answer will be, though. LOL. Nice review! :)

Jenggay said...

@ Debi, yes it worth to try it, I think Purederm products are good.

@Jyl wow, super thanks, yes i agree we will still look young with oily skin nga lang..hehe

@Aya, same thing with me, all through out the quiz you'll predict the answer. lol

The Beauty-Addict said...

wanna try this! omg your baby is adorable! :D

augustalolita said...

great review!! its got me interested!! and cute photos <3

Jenggay said...

@ Ann, yes you can try it it's good.

@ augustalolita. thanks a lot for dropping by. :)