Saturday, April 16, 2011

My lips' secret

I have been battling for more than a decade (a bit exaggerated lol) on my dry chapped lips. Especially when I was in High school wherein we were in the country with extreme weather. Yes, we were in Saudi Arabia before with my Mama and Papa then I just went home for college, but that's another story. The weather in Saudi Arabia consist of summer and winter and when I say extreme that means when it's summer it's really hot, you can probably leave an egg outside then after like 20minutes it will be hard boiled egg already. haha Well, I guess the hottest temperature that I experienced there was like 40 Celsius degree but of course we don't stay outside so we don't feel that. After 6 months of summer, winter will enter and it's also extreme wherein I wear 4 garments all at the same time, thick garments huh haha! Oh I miss Saudi. Anyway I am not here to talk about that! So on to my lips, considering the changing of weather in Saudi Arabia before it affected my skin and my lips as well they were really dry.The condition of my lips didn't change even when I was here but my skin did it became really oily. As I've said I had dry chapped lips since like forever so I always look for lip balms that will solve this problem. I have tried bunch of them, both expensive and not, some are okay but did not last that long, I mean they don't satisfy me. They will work for a while and then after sometime it will stop. When I got into the beauty blogosphere I have read a lot of raves on the Carmex lip balm.

I got the Carmex Lip Balm in tube

I bought this hoping that it will answer my prayers, hehe. Yes this product is okay, it moisturizes my lips and I love the minty effect of it plus the very affordable price but I need to reapply it every 10 minutes because the good effect doesn't stay long. Nevertheless I still use it so that I won't waste my 99 bucks. Then one time when I was in my 'suking' parlor I saw their display of Human Heart Nature Products and these were not new to me since I have read great reviews of them. So I got their feminine wash and Human Nature Lip Balm in watermelon.

 I got the watermelon

When I used it I fell inlove with them right away, it tastes yummy and wow my lips were super moisturized and noticed that they are not dry and chapped anymore. Yipee! I observed on how long will this result last on my lips and guess what they are still moisturized after 3 hours working in the office. When I use this, I swipe it on my lips for like 10 times hehe I think that does the trick but then I wanted my lips to look glossy and healthy at the same time because with this my lips look pale it is great if I put lipstick on but I am not used into putting lipstick when at the office or at home, so I use the HHN lip balm then topped it with Carmex and in my surprise they jived well into my lips, it gave the most moisturized lips and healthy looking as well, not the pale dry chapped lips anymore. I used these two then I just put what ever lipstick or lip gloss that I prefer and it doesn't dry my lips. Now I can say that my lips have found its soulmates hehe.

Mahalo :)

*Pictures were taken from google images. Sorry wasn't able to get pictures of them since I am still in the office and I really want to share the lip balms with you pretty ladies..hehe

18 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing. Problem ko rin yan sis. :/ Try ko nga to. Hindi rin umubra sakin carmex. LOL :))

Aya said...

Thanks for this. I'm currently using the Lip Ice lip conditioner. Tastes good and does its job but it easily transfers eh. Lalo na pag ni-lilick ko ung lips ko. haha (eh ang sarap kasi eh O_O) Anyway, i haven't tried the lip balm line but I hear they're pretty good too. :)

Jenggay said...

@ MissKat oo nga I just love the minty taste nung Carmex and the packaging yellow yun lang hehe

@ Aya ay oo nga I should try that too been reading good reviews din jan eh not so expensive din ata tapos masarap pa hehe ginawang pagkain. tnx

DeBi said...

will try this din...i have uber dry lips din eh...

donnarence said...

wahh.. i will definitely try HNH lipbalm..:D

Janet said...

wow, I didn't know you used to lived in Saudi...maybe next time you could share your experience residing in Saudi...=)

Dry chapped lips has been my problem all these years also! I just don't get it on how come I have super oily skin yet my lips is super dry....=(
But thanks so much for sharing this great review..Would you know someone who's selling this online?

~(^_^)~

Jenggay said...

@ donnarence yup u should try the HHN lip balm it has variety of flavors pa yummy hehe

@ Jyl, yey i won your giveaway hehe thanks! Oo I will try to post my experience sa Saudi hehe, hahanap muna ko pix sa baul ko. :) I think you can order from them online eh or you can check ms. Crystal's blog she posted something about the products on where you can buy it. check this: http://musicalfanlovesminerals.blogspot.com/2011/04/great-deals-from-human-heart-nature.html

TC pretty ladies :)

CHARRY said...

wow I need one of those! ;)

Hercy said...

Those look yummy, indeed! But I don't use lip balms/glosses that much cos I look awful in it. :( I do have chappy lips but I only put gels/petroleum jelly once in a while.

Anyway, I found your blog at Janet's and decided to follow you also since I'm really looking for Filipino beauty bloggers. Have a lovely day! :D

Jenggay said...

@ charry, hehe you should try it..

@ hercy, oh thanks for visiting my blog. I followed you as well.

Roxy Heart said...

I've never tried the human nature ones. I'm a fan of chapstick. The original one. I don't like the flavored ones. Great post!
Want to follow each other?
http://www.fashuhneestah.com/

Jenggay said...

hi roxy, thanks for viewing my blog. Sure, I followed you already. :)

IyaV said...

Hi Miss Jenggay! I followed your blog. :) Anyway, I have tried the Human Heart Nature's lip balm in Peppermint, but I switched to Lip Ice Lemon. hihi. Great blog! :)

carinamodella said...

my first time to hear this brand. thanks for sharing!

The Beauty-Addict said...

wow thanks for sharing this! i badly need this:D will definitely check this out!

The Beauty-Addict said...

wow thank you for sharing! :) i badly need this! :/ will definitely check this out!

Unknown said...

Hi! Love your blog! Let me follow you po. :)

Jenggay said...

hi Iya, thanks for following back. Oh really, I am really intrigue with Lip Ice, will but that also.hehe

@ carina, thanks for visiting my blog. You can also try it. :)

Hi ann, hehe yes you should try it hope it'll work to you too.

@ Rhaze, wow thanks for visiting my blog. will surely visit you. :)