Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My first Make up and Hair Styling Job

The title is quite deceiving, you might think it will be a gig or something like that hehe, well nothing biggie! Last weekend I have been asked by my niece to do her make up and curl her short hair for she will be attending their Graduation Ball. Geez, I remember she's like Tabachuchay before and now she just finished Elementary, how old am I?! So yeah I was excited and bit nervous for I will be doing hair and make up and I know that this is really important for her so it is a must to make her more beautiful. I don't have much tools and products to be a make up artist but that's okay, I guess I don't need a complicated make up for her anyway since she has a very young and flawless skin. So here's a picture of me doing her make up:


 Sorry for the oily face and bulky tummy! :(

So the result?


The whole look:

Well, she liked it. (She doesn't have a choice anyway hehe) I asked her for like a hundred times about the make up, if it's nice, if she likes it, if she prefers this or that etc. I am really worried that it won't end up okay but I guess I did an acceptable one haha! Her make up stayed the whole night. (I just based it on her fb pics) I gave her a lip gloss so she can retouch after eating dinner. I just used moisturizer, mineral foundation (very minimal) eye make up, blush on, lip gloss and shimmery lipstick, we skipped the eyeliner and mascara because she doesn't like them. I just made the look light with a bit shimmers. I wanted to put bronzer on her but so sad that I still don't have that in my mini stash yet. Now I know what to buy next. I will be posting a make up wish list sometime. Oh too many make up wishes, hope I can buy them. Maybe one a time.

Hope you like her look pretty ladies.


Mahalo :)

6 comments:

DeBi said...

oh my, I know how you feel...I will be doing my niece's makeup tomorrow since its her graduation...wish me luck!

by the way, your niece looks fabulous! nice job

Anonymous said...

pretty!

well, the makeup suits her age and i like the color of her dress :)

Jenggay said...

@ Debi thanks! I am sure you'll do good noh! Looking forward for your post about it :)

@ Reina, yup the dress is simple yet cute..hehe Thanks pretties!

Chrissy said...

She looks great! I bet she had tons of fun. :) She's lucky to have an aunt like you!

Jenggay said...

aww thanks Chrissy! :) Well she did but was quite sad for leaving elementary so I said she should look forward to High school,for almost everyone enjoyed high school I guess..hehe!

Hazel said...

i know how that feels.. i just have cousins who had their prom night! and i was like... what already?? they're like babies the last time i saw them HAHA :P and you did a nice job with her :) less is more especially for her age :D