Saturday, March 19, 2011

What I'm using now?

Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse Foundation 020:
This is my first Liquid foundation. When I was planning for tabachuchay's first bday I really opted to do my own make up since I was starting to be addicted in following beauty bloggers, that helped a lot. I thought this is the first thing I should buy. I am really in a budget and was planning to stick to Mineral make ups since my skin is really not well with all the acne marks and scars with occasional break outs not to mention the super sensitive and oily state of it. I was really eyeing for this brand because my mom has a powder foundation from Revlon and I used it twice and my face didn't react. When I was in the counter the SA recommended this, given the condition of my skin.
 Yipee factors:
-Skin felt so soft once applied
-decent coverage - light to medium and very buildable
-feels light on my face
-easy to carry around with the plastic tube
-no whitish cast in photos
-oil control is quite good lasted for 4hrs without retouching (considering my super oily skin and perspiration)
-creamy texture with soft matte finish
-spf 20

Boo factors:
-the black tube that catches dirt easily
-there's a bit scent - can't describe it really hehe
-does not give heavy coverage so a very good conceler is a must on my face but if yours do not require concealing red spots etc this would do it no concealer needed

Overall I like this foundation because it didn't break me out and the soft matte finish it gives to my face is a love love.

Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer:
Before I was using Max Factor concealer stick it was pretty decent in covering my unwanted marks, spots and dark circles but it's cakey so I thought maybe concealer sticks are not for me (hehe just my opinion), then I came across the pink store: Etude House. I was always intrigued with this store, the pink ambiance and the cute SAs that I see with pink aprons so went there and bought this tiny liquid concealer. Now on to the review:

Yipee Factor:
-did not break me out (clap clap)
-nice coverage especially on my red spots
-does not dry up easily, you'll still have time to even it out
-inexpensive for 328 pesos
-the shade fit me, can't remember the number/name of the shade all I know is its the lightest one

Boo Factors:
-there's a stingy scent
-the doe foot applicator- not that sturdy
-the wordings in the tube is in Korean can't read the ingredients etc.
-too small for a concealer again it's just my opinion hehe

Weighing the pros over the cons overall this concealer is still good considering the price, it still gives a good coverage. But I guess I won't repurchase for I want to try other concealer brands. Eyeing on the Revlon colorstay concealer.

In2it blush: Denial
I remember when I was in college there were only two brands of blushes I used: Clinique and In2it since the first brand is way expensive for a college student with an average amount of allowance a month I sticked on the latter one hehe. I can't remember the price of it before. When I was in SM, looking for a nude lipstick to try on I saw the In2it counter and to my surprise there I saw the small blushes that I once used. It was like saying hi to me again, haha it made me reminisce a bit. So on to the swatch:



It's just so sad that the shade I want is out of stock and again the SA suggested that this shade is their best seller and will definitely fit my skin tone. Yep, I still don't know my skin tone especially the NC, NW etc that I always read in beauty blogs referring to Mac's skin guide. I still have to learn and read more on distinguishing your skin tone. I just rely to SAs and by trying it on first then if it looks good on me I buy it.Oh I also ask Zano for a second opinion maybe after 2 years Tabachuchay might be the third opinion hehe.

Yipee factor:
-it looks natural on me
-cute packaging (IMO)
-long wearing it lasted for about 4hrs on my cheeks that's when I'm on the go so I guess it will stay longer if I'm just in the office seating in an airconditioned room hehe, yep I don't wear make up in the office everyday but there are times that I do depends on my mood
-gives a matte finish no shimery effect (I chose to put this here co'z I'm not a fan of glittery or shimmery blushes I always go for matte ones
-inexpensive for 170 pesos - I actually got them on sale but can't remember the regular price
-comes with a small brush, super soft but I can't actually use it, it's too small

Boo factors:
-brush that's so small
-not that pigmented I have to swipe it 3 times or more for it to show off into my cheeks
-hmm can't think of anything else

Overall I like the effect of this blush on my cheeks love the shade too it. Will I repurchase? No, for I am drooling over the super raved about Nars blushes.

Nichido Satin Moist Lipstick in Natural:
I am currently using this one as my everyday lipstick. I love the natural effect on my lips. I feel sexy whenever I wear them. hehe It's just the right shade I want for an everyday use.

Yipee Factor:
-super inexpensive got them on sale for 100 pesos but I think the regular price is around 200 but still not bad eh
-no need to swipe twice or more, one swipe and the color will come out
-creamy texture
-satiny finish
-staying power is quite good maybe 2hrs without eating, drinking or wetting my lips with my tongue hehe

Boo factors:
-can be drying so a good lip balm is a must
-i don't like the packaging hehe
-hmm can't think of anything else

I really love this lipstick on me. Unexpectedly for the price of it, it really satisfied me. Truly there are still cheap make ups that can meet beyond our expectations and this is is one of them.Just sad that I did't buy all the other shades, poor me I was really broke that time :(


'Til my next post pretty ladies!
Pardon for the quality of the pictures need to work with my camera's settings.


If you have any thoughts on how I can make my blog better (just a newbie here), feel free to comment and send me an email!

Mahalo :)

5 comments:

herroyalbleakness said...

Hi Jenggay! :)

Wow, that In2it Denial blush looks almost like NARS Gina... i hope it's in stock so i can check it out. As for your MAC shade, go hit Rustan's or Trinoma MAC stores para you can have your shade matched. It pays an awful lot to know what NC/NW you are... most reviews base it on that shade matching :)

Dearie, thanks for the wonderful comment. It fills my heart to know i inspire other people to blog :) more power, J!

Kikay Morena said...

I love natural looking lipsticks too. I have one from Revlon. It's their moisture Fleshtone lipstick and I also think I look sexy with it on too! :) LOL

New blogger friend here! welcome to blogging!

kikaymorena.blogspot.com

Jenggay said...

Thanks for the first comment herroyalbleakness...Thanks for following back as well. hehe! I am still learning in the makeup and blogging world thanks to bloggers like you I'll learn more!

Hi Kikay morena,
Thanks for viewing, cute blog you have love the colors hehe! I'll check Revlon counter next time to see that lippie :)

Hollie said...

hi Jenggay,
thanks for following my blog I followed you back.

I've been seeing more Nichido users now, I should probably try it.

Jenggay said...

Thanks Hollie, yeah have tried some Nichido product on their counter and they seem promising :)